My last post on Facebook inspired me to let out some of my frustration as how sick I am of living in the dorms. I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 reasons why I am over dorm living:
1. Loud as fuck! I could seriously strangle the people who insist on banging on the walls at 1am when I have an 8am the following morning. Shut the fuck up!
2. I have to share a bathroom with someone who doesn’t know the first thing in bathroom etiquette. Ever heard of the courtesy flush, airing it out after you’re done, or febreeze? I mean c’mon!!
3. No privacy. Feel like yelling out of anger or singing your heart out? Forget it unless you want the entire hall to hear you. Yolo.
4. Can’t smoke a god damn bowl anywhere around here.
5. Locking the side doors at midnight. Want to go have a late night cigarette? Forget about it unless you want to walk all the way to the main entrance while being stared down by the fucking security officers.
6. I’m eating way to many processed foods for my own good. If I have one more can of Chef Boyardee I might just throw up.
7. I’m a girl so naturally I have a lot of stuff. There is not enough room in here to put it all in!
8. I am a glass-bottle kind of person. I think most people are unless you’re some kind of red neck, but regardless. Have you ever tried sneaking a 12 pack of bottles into the dorms? *clink* Oh uhm.. Just carrying my handbells around in my backpack. Never know when you need to bust out some Christmas carols.
9. Good thing I own a lot of clothes because I always forget to take my laundry home! There’s no mom here to do it.
10. “Quiet hour” at 10:30pm on weekdays and 12:00am on weekends. Excuse me, but am I in the eighth fucking grade?!
11. I like being on my own, but I do miss the hell out of the people that I love.
I think it’s time to get some sleep
" Imagine a World Without Free Knowledge "
Internet Blackout of the Day: The Great Wikipedia Blackout of 2012 has begun.
Reddit, TwitPic, Mozilla, Mojang, and thousands of others will soon follow suit. The Internet is officially on strike! Why? Because the House and Senate are conspiring with the entertainment industry to break the Internet.
Make no mistake: SOPA has not been shelved. And a vote on PIPA is just around the corner. Luckily, hundreds of companies, charities, and notable individuals with strong moral character have joined forces to stop these dangerous Big Brother bills from moving forward.
The fight is far from over, but hopefully today’s blackout will help bring this important matter to the attention of folks who rely on the Internet for entertainment and education, but have so far remained oblivious to SOPA and PIPA and their harmful consequences.
If you absolutely must scab, here are a few useful links:
- Five ways to survive the Wikipedia Blackout.
- Wikipedia Blackout: Survive with these 12 alternatives.
- #altwiki: A collaborative crowd-sourcing alternative to Wikipedia.
- How to access Wikipedia during the blackout.